Yield: ~6 servings
- Juice of ½ lime (or 1 lime, as desired)
- ½ medium red or white sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium ripe avocados pitted
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or minced (or garlic powder to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ medium red or white sweet onion, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, mostly leaves, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- Mix the finely chopped onion with the lime juice to marinate while you prepare the other ingredients. This helps to cut the onion’s sharp flavor.
- With a spoon, scoop the avocado flesh into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the garlic and salt. Mash the ingredients together with a large fork or potato masher until the avocado is nice and creamy.
- Add the onion, chopped cilantro and jalapeño to the bowl and mix well. Taste for seasoning and adjust as desired.
- To serve, transfer the guacamole to a serving bowl. with some additional chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
Variations: (Get creative; stir in anything that sounds good!)
Guac with Greens: Add in a few leaves of kale or a handful of spinach. Chop VERY finely by hand or food processor before adding into the guac.
Guac with Pomegranate: Add ~1 cup Pomegranate arils (seeds) or arils from 1 fruit.
The Big 8 Food Allergen Info: Does Not Contain Any