Yield: ~ 4c. or 4-6 portions
- 1 c. RAW cashews, soaked in water*
- 1 can of white beans (any variety) drained and rinsed well
- 1 ½ c. vegetable broth
- ½ c. + a few extra Tablespoons of sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 10-15 turns of a pepper grinder/freshly cracked black pepper
- Water, as desired
- 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped basil leaves
- *Soak cashews in water overnight in the refrigerator OR do a ‘quick-soak’ by putting the nuts in a pot, covering them with water and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Set the fresh basil and the few Tbsp. of extra sun dried tomatoes, aside.
- Place the soaked cashews, vegetable broth, and all other ingredients into a blender and blend very well until completely creamy. Stop blending once or twice to scrape the sides down. Add water as desired, for desired texture.
- Chop the extra dried tomatoes and the basil, and stir into the sauce. Warm through in the microwave.
- Serve with Hot Cooked Pasta or as a pizza topping.
VARIATION: Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce: Substitute Roasted Red Peppers for Sun Dried Tomatoes
Options: Serve over pasta with sliced grilled chicken breast or sliced grilled lean sausage. Serve with a side-salad or a steamed green vegetable.
The Big 8 Food Allergen Info: