From: Condition Cuisine Series, Cholesterol
This recipe is quick, simple and SO delicious! It’s versatile and can be made with added seafood, meat, olives, roasted red peppers, etc. Please use your creativity and unlock your inner Chef!
- 1 c. water or vegetable broth as needed, to cook
- 1 onion, diced small
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 leaves of kale-stripped off stems, leaves chopped up (discard stems)
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Zest of a lemon, ½ – 1 (start with less and add more as you like)
- Optional- chopped sundried tomatoes or fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a medium sized sauce pot over med-high heat.
- Add in the onion and dry sauté for a few minutes. Add in the garlic and a splash of water, as needed so as not to burn, A little browning is ok.
- Add in the kale and the white beans. Stir to combine.
- Add in rosemary, broth or water, salt, pepper, and chili flake. Bring up to a simmer and cook for about 5-8 minutes until the flavors have combined and the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tomato if using, and lemon– taste for seasoning and adjust as desired.
- Stir in the fresh herbs just before serving.
This can be served as a side dish, with some nice crusty garlic bread or other hearty tasting bread such as olive, or over pasta.
Yield- 3 servings